Part-Time position for Cook in active childcare center.
- ServSafe certification strongly desired
- Current physical exam
- Proof of immunizations to MMR
- Basic knowledge of food preparation and nutrition
- Functionally literate and able to do simple arithmetic
- Clean and neat
- Able to relate to adults
- Likes children and able to relate to them
- Willing to follow instructions and to accept supervision
- Able to respond immediately to any emergency situation
- Physical constraints required include the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, the ability to see and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses, to speak and be understood under normal circumstances, to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds, and the use of arms, hands, legs, and feed with or without corrective devices to accomplish the job, including evacuation of the building during emergencies.
- Clean up of morning breakfast and snack dishes. Return unused snack to proper storage.
- Take a head count for lunch (children & staff)
- Prepare meals according to menu in an appetizing and appealing fashion.
- Set up lunch buckets with dishes and utensils needed for each classroom.
- Serve lunch at designated times to various classrooms; provide serving utensils for each dish and enough food to prevent return trips to the kitchen.
- Collect buckets from classrooms as they finish eating
- Load dishwasher with dishes, utensils, cups, etc., and put away when finished. Hand wash pots and pans as needed, and dry with clean towel.
- Store any leftovers in covered containers in refrigerator or freezer. Mark leftovers with the date. Replace food to proper storage place.
- Maintain daily the cleanliness of ovens, stove tops, dishwasher, refrigerators, cabinets, storage areas, and floors according to Health Department requirements.
- Sweep the floor of any debris, spray and wipe all countertops and stove tops with bleach and water solution or equivalent cleaning solution.
Interested applicants should:
Equal Opportunity Employer